Last October , ScottGu announced that Microsoft is going to release Source Code for .Net Framework Class Libraries , Now It’s Available!
Right Now , you can browse and debug following .Net Framework Libraries with Visual Studio 2008 :
- .NET Base Class Libraries (including System, System.CodeDom, System.Collections, System.ComponentModel, System.Diagnostics, System.Drawing, System.Globalization, System.IO, System.Net, System.Reflection, System.Runtime, System.Security, System.Text, System.Threading, etc).
- ASP.NET (System.Web, System.Web.Extensions)
- Windows Forms (System.Windows.Forms)
- Windows Presentation Foundation (System.Windows)
- ADO.NET and XML (System.Data and System.Xml)
And they are going to provide source code for Windows Communication Foundation , Windows Workflow Foundation and LINQ in near future .
This helps programmers having a deeper perception of .Net Framework Class Libraries and understanding how thease libraries are implemented in order to build stronger Windows & Web Applications.
Visit the following links for further information :